Old 16-11-2006, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Electric start lawnmowers?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:55:56 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

As I think I'm getting OLD, and it is becoming more difficult to start
the pull cord type of mower,

How old is the mower? Has it been serviced properly? Mine will start with
not much more than a slow gentle swing of the arm.

I'm looking for an electric start mower,

Briggs & Straton (I think, might be Honda) have a mechanical system that
uses a BFO spring and a release mechansium to start the engine. Once the
engine is running the spring is would back up for the next time. I don't
know how many start attempts you have before you are back to the pull
start though. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail