Old 16-11-2006, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon S Rhiannon S is offline

Default Autumn

"Rachel Aitch" wrote in message

David Rance Wrote:

Overnight the leaves on the trees around here went yellow. Most
noticeable was a linden tree next door. Yesterday, no sign of leaves
dying. This morning the leaves are bright yellow!

I've never known it happen this quickly before. Is it something to do
with the lateness of leaf fall this year, I wonder?

I suspect it's the strange weather we've been having: I've noticed the
same thing in my own garden and in some clients' gardens.

The acers were the worst - instead of the usual autumn glory, I've been
seeing weeks of gradual browning, one day of red (or orange) and then
whoop! off they drop.

Anyone else?

Yep, everything has gone yellow round here (suburbs of Glasgow) except the
oaks which have produced tonnes of acorns, but are still as green as they
were in midsummer. No colour change at all.

--
Tips for Evil Cult Members:
117. Never play strip Tarot.