Old 16-11-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Electric start lawnmowers?

As I think I'm getting OLD, and it is becoming more difficult to start
the pull cord type of mower, I'm looking for an electric start mower, I
have seen one but it is £500, and being a poor old man, that is a bit
high, so does anyone know of a cheaper version?

Suffering from shoulder pain about 10 years ago that I put down to starting
my old Hayter mower I lashed out and bought an electric start model to
replace it. For about 8 years I enjoyed starting at the turn of a key, then
the battery died and I resorted to starting with the pull cord until I got
round to replacing the battery. Two years later I still start it with the
pull cord as it always starts first pull, and is very little effort to pull.
So my advise is, go for the electric start model by all means but they are
more expensive. Or simply buy a machine with a good make/model of engine, as
modern quality 4 stroke engines seem to start with ease.

I recently made the mistake of buying a cheap 2 stroke hedge cutter, and its
a bugger to start. Unlike my 15 year old strimmer with Kawasaki engine that
starts with ease every time.

Mike (the new boy)