Old 17-11-2006, 08:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Basia Kulesz Basia Kulesz is offline

Default Looking for books

Has anyone here any first-hand knowledge on the following books:
Jermyn "Alpine Plants of Europe" and Mineo "Rock Garden Plants: A Color
Encyclopedia".

I'd like to get a good reference book on rock garden plants, full of
information, drawings and photos, but I don't think I can buy both books at
once And I'm not interested in popular books running on such standards as
Phlox subulata or Aubretia, I want some thorough read about little-known
plants. Or perhaps you might suggest something else?

And second question - Encyclopedia of Perennials by Rice and Bluemel. I
already have RHS Encyclopedia of Garden Plants (Brickell et al.), will this
book be complimentary or is it a case of similar information and different
editing form?

Regards, B.