Old 17-11-2006, 11:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default What will goats not eat?

"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:

Yep it was the goats again. Give up all hope for your mum....
Straight from Wikopedia this informing snippet.
This puts goats with animals such as rabbits and other vermin....

A goat is said to be truly useful both when alive and dead, ( I like
this bit, so it doesn't matter if you kill them(grin!)) providing meat
and milk while the skin provides hide. A charity is involved in
providing goats to impoverished people in Africa. The main reason cited
was that goats are easier to manage than cattle and have multiple uses.

Feeding goats

Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything. Many farmers use
inexpensive (i.e. not purebred) goats for brush control, leading to the
use of the term "brush goats."

'Bush Goats' in oz!!

Goats do not actually consume garbage, tin cans, or clothing, although
they will occasionally eat items made primarily of plant material, which
can include wood. Their reputation for doing so is most likely due to
their intensely inquisitive and intelligent natu they will explore
anything new or unfamiliar in their surroundings. They do so primarily
with their prehensile upper lip and tongue. This is why they investigate
clothes and sometimes washing powder boxes by nibbling at them.

Sure, maybe YOUR goats didn't, Wikipedia genius.... I used to get holes
chewed in my clothes (not explored or nibbled, but masticated), not to
mention shoes.....and we had one that broke in, ate a pot full of jam
that was cooling, and subsequently died. Mum was not pleased.....no jam,
no goat. Dad wasn't all that worried though for some reason....

You missed the bit about a charity supplying goats to people in South
Africa.
A new export business, starting with your mums...

Oh, dad would be all for it, believe me....I'll have to mention it next time
I speak to him. He needs some new material I think....that should keep him
going for the next 6 months or so....