Old 17-11-2006, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Road_HogŪ[_1_] Road_HogŪ[_1_] is offline

Default Electric start lawnmowers?

"adder1969" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have a couple of honda powered things and both start first pull but
you don't feel like you're actually pulling anything. These are old
machines too. I think they have something that relieves cylinder
pressure until they fire or something like that.

Yes, they have a decompression system, that operates off of a cam, which
doesn't allow the valves to fully close at low rpm (i.e. when pull starting
the engine).

As soon as the engine fires and rpm picks up, it moves off of the cam
allowing full compression/power.