Old 17-11-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Help Identifying Bacteria or Fungus

Andrew, I don't think it is bacterial. If you are in a warm/hot climate,
that may be the cause. Many of the thin-leaved oncidium intergenerics (such
as Dgmra) tend to spot their leaves under those circumstances. Onc. Sharry
Baby is the most notorious, but the principle is the same. Although the
spots mar the appearance of the plants, they do not seem to do any further
harm.

Otherwise, I'd be more like to suspect a fungus. HTH,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I apologize in advance for my lack of orchid knowledge, but hopefully
this is a simple question. Can you please help me identify whether my
Orchid has Bacterial brown spot, Leaf spot fungus or neither?

Here a few pictures of the leaves:

http://picasaweb.google.com/agendreau/111606

I think it's Bacterial brown spot, but I'd like it if a trained eye
could confirm.

Thank you!

Andrew