Old 17-11-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default state of the pond

wrote:

I still want to put up a greenhouse over the whole back yard... well at
least the koi
pond so I can go out in winter and sit by my pond and see my koi. sigh.

It's not that hard to do. You need a nice supply of 1" rebar, and
greenhouse-poly - it's translucent HDPE, not much different from permalon.
Ours has been up for 3 years now, and survived a category 3 hurricane (it
shifted a little, and I had some trouble opening the doors, but the poly
stands it well).

Go to
http://www.northerngreenhouse.com/contact.htm and order a catalog -
you might not want to buy from them but they have good advice on building
one.

When the poly degrades in 10 years or so, we'll just get some more.
--
derek