Old 17-11-2006, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Experiences please of effectiveness of Nematodes v Vine weevil killer

John McMillan wrote:
Cactus growers use it to treat mealy bug and root mealies, both of
which are a severe problem.

Sad it may be but we just can't have it all. On one hand you have
monoculture and the use of chemicals which kills off natural predators,
or grow a diversity of plants which would attract predators to kill the
mealy bugs. We have choices but the logic here is quite clear. Don't
you think?