Old 17-11-2006, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default new boy, no understand?

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

JennyC wrote:
But being American based groups, they do tend to go on about racoons in
the
corn...........:~))

But you know I like this ) I like when Madgardener post one of her
huuuuge post, describing everything around her from her remote garden

I don't have a problem with that either, so long as its worth reading.
This is my first forray into a Newsgroup, but I have for many years
subscribed to a couple of email lists centred around another hobby of mine.
One is UK based but has several international members, the other is
international by name yet most members are US based. Both and particularly
the UK list wander off topic all the time which again is not a problem to me
as I enjoy reading the other interests of a group of like minded people
joined by a common interest. I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others who
may be new to the topic, and even now after 10 years membership I still
learn new things from old and new members alike.

My first reading of this NG gave me some very usefull information on pruning
yew trees, I look forward to picking up more usefull tips to help me look
after this big old garden I have taken on. I will admit to being a bit of a
petrol head and look forward to contributing to any debates on power garden
equipment. Right, must go start the Billy Goat and clear all these fallen
leaves so that they don't clog the grass pickup on the ride on or jam the
snow blower :-) (you do allow the odd smiley??)

Mike