Old 17-11-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default new boy, no understand?

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news
What gives here? I joined this group in the hope of expanding my knowledge
of gardening having taken on a large (about an acre) once grand, now
overgrown town garden. I am now wondering whether to stay for fear of
attack from some members of this group. In a few days of membership I have
been reading more bitching and hate on this NG than I can recall ever
reading elsewhere.

There is some bitchuing in most of the newsgroups, it is not worse here than
in others.

Is it always like this?

No, ask a question and you will/should get a number of sensible answers, but
as in all newsgroups there are a few who like to stir people up. Just
ignore then and add them to your killfile then you do not have to read their
comments, ever. The only problem comes when some silly asses respond, then
you do get to read the rubbish.

Is it worth hanging around for the garden talk to start?

Yes!

Is there a real gardening NG somewhere?

No!

Will I attract the abuse now?

Perhaps, but stand up like a man and ignore it!(:-)

Alan

Mike