Old 17-11-2006, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Kill filing

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 17/11/06 18:11, in article ,
"Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these words:

The Puke is only an irritant, and a minor irritant at that, if you
allow her to be. The best thing to do with her, and all the other
trolls, is simply to ignore her.

A 'minor irritant' does not try to lose someone their career, it does
not 'threaten' to visit people in their homes or drive up to them to
be photographed. It does not lie about emails received from or about
other people; it does not lose a newsgroup its most valuable members.

Well, she hasn't attempted to lose ME my job, nor to visit ME on her way
to Janet's.....so WHY have YOU been the objects of her attention and *I*
haven't?

Could it be that I have, to a greater or lesser degree, ignored her?

I think what is overlooked here is that at varying times and in varying
degrees, we - that is Judith, Janet and I - have ignored her, too.

But you are now taking it up again, it would have been far better if you,
and Judith and Janet had just ignored her, the trolls always rely upon
people responding to them, I'm sure that most of us would prefer that all of
you were just to come back and answer sensible posts, and ignore the idiotic
ones.

But, not
unreasonably, I think, we objected to someone not only giving bad or dodgy
gardening advice but then resorting to horrible language and personal
insult
on a tiresomely regular basis, when that advice was queried or corrected.

If we are given bad advise, most of us would not tkae any notice of any
further 'advice' from that source.

Everyone has a breaking point in terms of that kind of abuse, Anne and we
were getting that kind of flak on a daily basis with nobody else standing
and saying 'enough'.

But you are not ignoring it, you are just encouraging her to continue to
irritate you.

I can't speak for Judith or Janet but I can say for myself that I loathe
and
detest lies and liars.

We all feel like that, but there comes a time where we have to ignore that
sort of post, so please just ignore her posts and concentrate on helping
those of us who value your input.

Alan