Old 18-11-2006, 02:41 AM
jellyfish jellyfish is offline
Registered User

lol eggs,,, of course i removed the concrete and removed as much of the bigger stones as i could and dug down probably 8 inches or so..then used topsoil to level it then seeded and lightly covered with topsoil..as i said, initially it grew amazing only the last month it seems to be struggling unlike the rest of the lawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggs Zachtly
jellyfish said:

hi, i had a concrete base for a shed that i removed in july and top
soiled over.I then seeded the topsoil with "tuffgrass" as i have 2
little ones, initially it took very well and i had lush green strong
grass but now after its last cut the rest of the lawn is long and lush
and the square patch of approximately 12ft by 5ft has turned a yellowy
colour and is growing far slower than the rest of the garden..any ideas
guys??

LOL lemme get this straight...

You just threw some dirt over the top of a big concrete pad, and planted
grass on it? My first question has got to be, "WHY?".

My next question would have to be, "Is this a troll?". Because, if it is,
you got me good.

IF you're serious...

How deep is the soil?
What kind of soil?
What kind of setup did you allow for drainage?

Don't you now have a big, square/rectangular "hump" of lawn now? That's
GOTTA look more strange than a concrete pad. I have a 16x20' concrete pad
in my back yard, that used to have a basketball goal at one end. The goal's
been removed, and the pad now holds my shed, and any piles of garden mix
and mulch that I buy, until it's ready to be dispersed, a garden trailer,
and any limbs that fall from my trees, until they can be disposed of. Sure
beats the hell out of having all that stuff sit on my lawn, killing areas.

A concrete pad in your yard can be quite useful. I doubt seriously that you
will be able to get lawn to grow there, to your liking. Either remove the
pad, and THEN put in a lawn, or learn to live with the pad, and utilize it.

--

Eggs

A hen is an egg's way of making another egg.