Old 18-11-2006, 11:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Roger Roger is offline

Default Strawberries

Hi

bit of a novice when it comes to things in the garden, but we have a
planter about 3 feet high with strawberry plants in it.

I recall as a lad that we covered our strawberries in the ground with straw
during the winter to protect them frost [I think].

Do strawberries need protecting from the frost?
If so,any ideas on how to do it with this planter - it's far too large to
move inside.

We live about 500 yards from the coast near Newcastle upon Tyne, and do get
frosts.

Many thanks

Roger C