Old 18-11-2006, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Kill filing

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

And I would like just to say this - while I have every sympathy

with
those
who kill file persistent cross posting and off topic trolls,

(snip)
I understand their reasons for doing so and I sympathise with

their
impatience with her methods but she, Puke, DID come here

purporting
to give
gardening advice. As a result of that, she should have been

read
and
watched when it became apparent that much of what she wrote was

not
good
advice at all.

Puke was watched Sacha. Her lack of knowledge became evident

fairly
quickly. You know she didn't like it when called to account

either,
but what happened - she is STILL here and the best and brightest

left.

If everyone who objected to her behaviour - and I do mean

*everyone* - had
both sat on her firmly as soon as she started her misleading, lying,
insulting and swearing behaviour, we might not have lost those

people.

I disagree. A lot of people cannot stomach any form of disagreement
or what they see as disagreement/unpleasantness and there are also
many who also do not feel up to stating their views strongly and
clearly. I'm not one of them but they are VERY numerous. If you
expect everyone to get on their hind legs to provide support then I
can tell you that such an expectation will be just as devisive as
Puke's behaviour.

And that was the worst thing to happen in this ng. The most

knowledge
and experienced of UK gardening CHOSE to leave. Deliberately

chose!

I chose to leave because I was absolutely disgusted at the treatment

meted
out of Judith, the filthy language and insults to someone who never,
herself, behaves that way and the lies told about her by a proven

liar. And
a major contributing factor in my decision to leave was the fact

that those
who know Judith, like her and have been either RL or cyber friends

of hers
for years, described that piece of newsgroup terrorism as a

catfight or
nothing to do with them or stupid women who should be kill filed.

That was
a disgraceful way to treat Judith and it was cruel and unkind.

I agreee that the behaviour of Puke to Judith was nothing short of
disgusting, and some idiots wrote some ridiculous things. BUT, to
blame the whole group, many of whom had their killfile in operation
and many of whom weren't even reading all the threads is simply
unrealistic.

Puke just isn't worth it. Judith must know from her own inbox and
from the people who she did value here, just how those who are "worth
it" viewed her and thought of her. The rest just don't matter. It's
about "hearth dwellers" and "fringe dwellers" (really just knowing how
to sort the trees from the wood).