Old 18-11-2006, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
a.c. a.c. is offline

Default new boy, no understand?

Muddymike wrote:

What gives here? I joined this group in the hope of expanding my knowledge
of gardening having taken on a large (about an acre) once grand, now
overgrown town garden. I am now wondering whether to stay for fear of attack
from some members of this group. In a few days of membership I have been
reading more bitching and hate on this NG than I can recall ever reading
elsewhere.

Just a few days might just be enough to notice certain posters tend to
stick with the gardening stuff.... others are more difficult to follow,
such as the ones who tends to "contribute" to the kind of rubbish
that's not even fit for the compost bin.
And then there's the Subject header. Yours (new boy, no understand?) is
an example of the kind of garbage Subject header I would ordinarily
assume comes the weirdos and reading it I see it's not really about
gardening either ... is it?
I would have ignored it entirely had it not been for the fact that I
noticed the name of the last poster!
That's how to do it. Now, about that gardening question......

Is it always like this?
Is it worth hanging around for the garden talk to start?
Is there a real gardening NG somewhere?
Will I attract the abuse now?

Mike