Old 18-11-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Kill filing

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Now, about my asparagus, can an experienced grower tell me what I should do
with it in the winter? We had a very hard frost last night and while it
seems to have survived well the stalks and fronds might break under snow.

Have you tried a bit of fleece, Mary?
We haven't had snow but I have looked at my asparagus this morning and
it is OK. I planted it from seed some 16 years ago and as I have
neglected it, the stalks are generally very thin and weedy. If you
blink, you miss them.
--
June Hughes