Old 18-11-2006, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Sweet peas

"Michael" wrote in message
news : Not a newbie, but it's been a few years since I visited here.
:
: I put out some sweat peas a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately with the
: (reasonably) warm weather they've now reached about 5 inches in height and
: wondered if it would be OK to nip the tops off to stop them growing for a
: while? I've usually done my sweet peas at this time of year and they've
got
: to about 3inches then stopped until the spring when they have a head start
::-/
:
: --
: TTFN
:
: Michael
Yes they should be nipped out after 2 or 3 pairs of leaves. Are yours
indoors, as they should be outside, at least down here or they will grow
away too quickly and straggly

www.rraa.moonfruit.com