Old 18-11-2006, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Another strawberry question

"Broadback" wrote in message
: After my strawberries finished cropping I removed all the foliage, which
: quickly replenished. Unfortunately they have since flowered and fruited.
: Though not edible (they are rotten inside) the strawberries are still
: ripening. Does this mean that they have used up their energy for next
: year and will not produce a good crop next season? If so what action
: should I have taken or should I take now please?

Leave them be, they will be fine