Old 18-11-2006, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default cats and new gardens

"perigrine" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have just planted out some sweet corn seeds in a newly cultivated
patch of dirt and after watching one of my five cats closely have been
trying to work out how to keep her [them] from using the area as a
toilet - at least until the seedlings are big enough to handle
trespassers.

I thought about a lattice fence - decided they would jump over that.
Then thought of a chicken wire fence, but thought that would need a
'roof.' Thought of keeping the sprinkler nearby, to either keep the
soil damp or to turn on when one approached the area but then I would
have to watch it 24 hours a day.

Any other suggestions?

Fence wire, bent over the top of the garden row, in a tunnel shape. You'll
need to cut small pieces to make the ends of the tunnel.

Ba da bing. End of problem.