Old 19-11-2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default HELP! Removing chlorine from pond water

wrote in message
ups.com...
Help! My landscaper accidently knocked a hose off my pond pump and
emptied 3/4 of the water. When I arrived home my fish were in a foot
of water, alive & swimming but I had to add water back late, last
night immediatley, about 1,000 gallons. I didn't have any
dechlorinator. Today I saw them swimming, water very murky but
considering the cool weather they should be lower in depth. The frogs
were above as well. Should I still attempt to purchase a dechlorinator
in the morning or is it too late? Have to test ph tomorrw as well. I
live in Morristown, NJ, temp is about 55 degrees right now. Have about
50 comets and 2 small koi.

Before you do anything turn on all the pumps to help degas the chlorine in
the water - then try and get some dechlor PRONTO! I would not have waited
but gone and bought some early this morning.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.