Old 18-11-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Oysters acknowledged.

In message , sam
writes
Thanks for you welcome advice.
My wife has just finished mixing the Christmas puddings
and there is half a bottle of Guiness left over.
(No, I'm not OFF TOPIC)
So either my slugs will die laughing,or they will have
the biggest muscles in the world.

The only problem is, you only catch a few that way. If you are really
sadistic, you could pour salt on the ones you catch. The next morning,
they will be like little strips of leather. Of course, if you don't
want to waste the Guinness, you could always use lager. I have tried
many ways of eradicating the slugs in my garden without success.
(Barnsdale Gardens have organic slug pellets, which look interesting but
I haven't tried them yet).
--
June Hughes