Old 18-11-2006, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Welcome back Judith

June Hughes wrote:

I must have sent you a picture. It is a very long time ago and I
haven't repeated the experience. I really thought the boat was going to
sink. I had imagined myself sitting at the end of the boat, well down
in the bows, banging a drum (and looking a bit like Nobu from the Mighty
Boosh, which wasn't around then but you get my drift). As you will
remember from the picture, I was perched like a small, fat monkey high
up above the rowers on a ridiculously small seat. All my family and
several friends were there to watch so I had to go ahead and afterwards
was glad I did. The drum was roped to the boat in case of an upset and
I had to shout to the rowers and bang the drum to keep their strokes in
time. Wouldn't do it again though.

I remember you saying much the same at the time, you didn't look like
a fat monkey, far from it, who is Nobu? and what is Mighty Boosh???

Susie makes the most beautiful dragons. She is very clever at it.
Lovely porcelain ones.

I might have word with Susie about that, I've got her email address.

Just off to have a refill of Sauvignon Blanc
--
June Hughes