Old 19-11-2006, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Anyone know their Acacias?

"Sacha" wrote after
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions, but I think I've found it. It's almost
certainly Albizia lophantha aka Paraserianthese lophantha aka Cape
Wattle. Google images brings up lots of pictures that confirm it.

Ah. Not a mimosa, then. ;-)

Not in this country and most of the rest of the world, but in the USA it's
Albizia julibrissin that is called mimosa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albizia_julibrissin
Got a few growing in the greenhouse and hope I can get them big enough to go
in our new local park when it's made, that's if there are any left after
friends have had some. :-)

--
Regards
Bob H