Old 19-11-2006, 02:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default missing water

Wind spray? Never thought about that! I'll see if I can check it out.
Thanks!

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message

"Barbara" wrote in message
A number of times a year (or a month) about half the water in the pond
"goes missing" There are not leaks but the water within 10 or so hours
just disappears. A pal who has a similar problem call it an inversion.
Any insight here?

Check for leaking waterfalls. Deer drinking from it when no one is
outside (we had that problem with a barrel pond). Wind spray as Jan
already said. A leaking outside filter. I would also check carefully
again for a leak, even a pinhole where the water stops vanishing - at the
waterline.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.