Old 19-11-2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default HELP! Removing chlorine from pond water

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message
Before you do anything turn on all the pumps to help degas the chlorine in
the water - then try and get some dechlor PRONTO! I would not have waited
but gone and bought some early this morning.
--

Rather uneducated advice, but we've come to expect that from you, Carol.

If the water utility uses chloramines, running the pumps would not assist in
lowering the chlorine levels.
If the water utility uses dissolved chlorine gas, then by the time the
original poster read your response, the chlorine would have dissipated
already.

Additionally if the chlorine/chloramines levels were high enough to be
harmful, the damage would have already been done before the poster could
have added a dechlorinator 12 - 24 hours later.

-S