Old 19-11-2006, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Another strawberry question

"Robert" typed

"Broadback" wrote in message
: After my strawberries finished cropping I removed all the foliage, which
: quickly replenished. Unfortunately they have since flowered and fruited.
: Though not edible (they are rotten inside) the strawberries are still
: ripening. Does this mean that they have used up their energy for next
: year and will not produce a good crop next season? If so what action
: should I have taken or should I take now please?

Leave them be, they will be fine

But try not to let them take over the garden.

Most of the energy to produce the fruit comes from the spring and summer sun.

I have no power over that

yet...

--
Helen D. Vecht: