Old 19-11-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default HELP! Removing chlorine from pond water

"Snooze" wrote in message
"Köi-Lö" wrote in message
Before you do anything turn on all the pumps to help degas the chlorine
in the water - then try and get some dechlor PRONTO! I would not have
waited but gone and bought some early this morning.
--

Rather uneducated advice, but we've come to expect that from you, Carol.

Hi TROLL. Are you going to suggest all the new people start posting using
my name AGAIN to cause confusion? I post what works or worked for me or
what I read online or in fish books and magazines. If you have a problem
with that TROLL, then skip my posts because your TROLLING me is not going to
drive me off this newsgroup.

If the water utility uses chloramines, running the pumps would not assist
in lowering the chlorine levels.

He didn't say his water contained chlorimines did he/she? Running the pumps
until he can get to the store would not HURT and can help if the water
contains chlorine Mr. TROLL.

If the water utility uses dissolved chlorine gas, then by the time the
original poster read your response, the chlorine would have dissipated
already.

And you know this how? You know the size of his/her pond and the amount of
chlorine the water contained? YOU WERE THERE?

Additionally if the chlorine/chloramines levels were high enough to be
harmful, the damage would have already been done before the poster could
have added a dechlorinator 12 - 24 hours later.

Read up on the long term effects of non-lethal doses of
chlorine.............
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.