Old 19-11-2006, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Kill filing

On 19/11/06 13:51, in article
, "judith lea"
wrote:

Martin wrote:

They can crawl up walls. We had a plastic supermarket bag containing packets
of crisps hanging from a nail in the cupboard under the stairs. Mice ate some
of the crisps.

--

Martin

Noooo - Edward has just been up, he has found 3 of the traps, all
sprung but no mice in them. One of the gtraps has disappeared
completely - he just cannot find it, I'm moving rooms tonight, I know
they can't hurt me, but I am nervous when I hear they just above my
head.

Judith, I suggest you take out a contract. ;-) Living as we do,
surrounded by fields and running a nursery where young plants are
irresistible to mice, we employ a company called Baroque who come every 6
weeks or so to check nursery and house for mice infestation - rats, too.
They put down the necessary poison in safe-for-other-animals containers and
everything remains at an acceptable level. Our elderly neighbour had an
experience such as yours with 'noises off' and we got our chap to go over
her house. He found not only evidence of mice but areas where they had
started to chew through electrical cabling, which is very dangerous. I
really would get onto a company like Baroque, if I were you. Mice get
through the tiniest imaginable holes.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk