Old 20-11-2006, 02:51 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
jb jb is offline

Default Ficus Benjamin Cuttings - Help

Ficus cuttings are just about the easiest to get going that I ever
encountered. Why don't you just try to take a cutting and stick it in
some rooting powder and then just stick it in water in a window sill in
indirect lighting. It should root. Then you should plant it in fast
draining soil. When dealing with cuttings or collected medium it is
always best to keep the humidity up. I have collected very difficult
conifers from an arid region here in Arizona and I have been able to
keep them alive by keeping a very humid growing environment around them
for their first few months after collecting. Let me know if you have
more questions

Jim