Old 19-11-2006, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Little Weed Little Weed is offline

Default Gooseberries at the end of the year :)

Hi
Just wanted to happily report the planting of my new gooseberry bushes
this afternoon in between the showers. This probably marks the end of
my intention to plant something new every week since taking on the
allotment on the 1st September of this year. I'm very pleased with it.
We have achieved so much and now it looks like a much loved plot
instead of the wilderness we took on.

The winter months will be taken up with new fencing and after
Christmas, a greenhouse. Many years ago this same plot was my father's,
so I worked it with him then. A few owners later I "reinherited" it.
He would have been well-pleased.

Just wish I'd done this years ago!
LW