Old 20-11-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Slightly OT

Sacha wrote:

OTOH Le Troubadour from Chateau Romanin has a rather sickly (to my mind) pic
of a languid lady and gent on it but I know it's a delicious wine, as is
Cloudy Bay with a mountain scape on the label and a setting (or rising) sun
on their Pelorus and Fetzer with a tree and a vineyard. ;-)

Oh my Goodnes, Cloudy Bay, (New Zealand, Sauvignon Blance or
Chardonnay) - Heavenly but also with a hellish price. I can't afford
to drink Cloudy Bay too often, even if I could get it, it is a small
production and difficult to get at a reasonable price. Jackson Estate
@ £9.99 at Sainsbury's comes a very, very close second and it is the
most marvellous, gooseberry smelling nectar I have ever tasted and that
includes wines from the best vineyards and appelation controlee in
France or indeed elsewhere - of course, it is a matter of taste and my
husband would disagree awith my choice, he would poo poo this and say
that a good Burgundy by Bouchard, Pere et Fils is far superior - all it
really proves is that a wine is good only if you enjoy it and I have
enjoyed wines that cost the minimum.