Old 20-11-2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Derryl Killan Derryl Killan is offline

Default Can the Potato Seeds Grow into Potatoes?

The seeds can be used for propagation, Potatoes are in the solinacae
family and the seeds are poisonous.

To actually grow potatoes, we chop potatoes into chunks making sure
that each has at least one sprout "eye" and use these chunks as seeds.

However, I noticed that the potato plants above the ground blossom and
then bear small fruits about the size of cherry tomatoes, and these
fruits have small seeds in them.

What if we plant these seeds into the soil? Will they grow into
potatoes?

By the way, are these fruits edible?

Thanks for reading and replying.

--Roland