Old 20-11-2006, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default Kill filing

No cat?

We have two. We used to keep the door to the cupboard under the stairs
closed.

Word of warning to anyone thinking of getting one.
They're great. Very, very useful, but....
If you decide you really must allow a cat to have full run of the house
at night, a meow can wake you up. Having been thus woken, you'll want
to investigate what ails him/her.
You'll probably not want to switch on the harshness of a light as you
tumble out of bed at say, 3am, upon which you will instantly stand on
said cat.
This will alert you to the need to switch on a light. This in turn will
then reveal that the cat is not in fact in the room and wasn't at the
time, and instead remains patiently elsewhere trying to recollect what
exactly s/he has done with the lively toy s/he had brought in earlier
from outside. You will by that stage have realised, by it's continued
presence, next to your bare toes, what exactly that lively toy is!

Did you mention dead frogs left as a gift on the pillow. One of our cats
collects frogs from the from the neighbours lily pond

Ours catches swifts by jumping from the top window of our 3 story house and
landing on the extension. I wish he wouldn't. He is however good at catching
rodents and usually finishes them off outside, except when Paul's mother is
staying for some reason :-(

Gill M