Old 20-11-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Acer palm 'Aureum (how big?)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:07:26 -0000
"Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:

"Doug_E" wrote in message
news

Hi everyone!!
Hoping someone could help me I'm trying to decide if the above
mentioned tree will fill the space in which I wanted to place it. When
purchased it didn't give me any idea's of it's growth rate or average
size, but it was so nice I just had to buy it.

Can anyone please tell me how big this tree may become?

It is grafted and currently stands about 15-20 inches tall in a 7ltr
pot but if it will become big enough I will place it in the border of
the garden, if not it will look better in a nice pot on the patio.

all help greatly welcomed

Doug x

At a guess 3-4metres eventually,but it will take many years to attain that
height. I suppose a lot depends onto what rootstock the graft has been made.

According to Vertrees the mature height is 6-8 meters. It is an upright vase
shaped cultivar, and reasonably vigorous. Not to be confused with A. shirasawanum
'Aureum' which is very slow growing.

Sounds like you have a 3 year graft. If the graft is well healed it should just
be beginning to show nice growth.

-E

--
Emery Davis