Old 21-11-2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful Mindful is offline

Default mealy bugs

"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote in message

"Mindful" wrote in message
Can someone suggest something that really works to wipe out an mealy bug
infestation? Malathion, Ortho Systemic, Triazicide, Ortho Bug-B-Gone all
slow the infestation but not do away with it. The plants are tropical

plants
including orchids in a large sun room. Any suggestions? We're going broke
buying insecticides.

After the initial application, you have to hit them again in a few days to
week to kill the newborns.

Have you tried rubbing alcohol? It's cheap and non-toxic.

We sprayed them every few days for months on end. There are too many plants
to do with alcohol on a swab. Or do you mean spray them with alcohol?