Old 21-11-2006, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Slightly OT

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"judith lea" wrote
I have a friend who owns a share in a British vineyard, they make an
excellent "Champagne" also it can't be called that because it is not
made in the Champagne region of France. It won an award during blind
tastings, in France!! It's called Nytimber and was served to the Queen
at a dinner last year.

Sssh. Don't let everyone know how good most English wines are, they are
expensive enough already. :-)

It's our climate, I understand the French are now buying up English
vineyards because theirs are getting too hot in summer.

http://www.newhallwines.co.uk/ is where we get our whites.

Halfpenny Green vineyard

http://www.halfpenny-green-vineyards.co.uk/

has some good wines, and the only English white wine vinegar, which is
excellent.