Old 21-11-2006, 11:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ecarecar ecarecar is offline

Default Chain Saw Recommendations

What's good to sharpen a chain?

I have had the best results with just a round file.

Tomes wrote:

"A. Pismo Clam" wrote in message

Hello All,

I've got about 100 dead avocado trees that are eyesores. I'm looking for a
14" or 16" chain saw that can help me prune back the limbs.

If anyone can recommend the saw that they currently use or have used, I
would be most grateful for the help!

Alan

I have been using my little Stihl 14 incher (it has '18' in the model
name...) for many years not without a problem. I cut through some big stuff
with it too, coming in from both sides. Just have a few blade chains so
that you have a couple sharp with the others are out getting sharpened
(unless you sharpen yourself, which will save some bucks).
Tomes