Old 22-11-2006, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tater Tater is offline

Default pruning and transplanting plum *bushes*

sherwindu wrote:
Not sure what you mean when you say normal pruning will not work. You can
safely remove about 1/3 of a fruit tree's growth every season. You should be
able
to get rid of the suckers, crossing branches, etc. over a few year's time.

Sherwin D.

well, I suppose over (quite) a few years time they'll look presentable

if I remove 1/3 of the tree's growth every season, i'll end up having
long skinny branches with knobs of pruned growth on the ends of them.
most of the branches are 10 ft long. not sure how much growth happens
in a season, but i think you see the picture.