Old 23-03-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default WHY AMERICA IS GOING POSTAL

For the most part, this nation is driven by fear. It is done through media to get
your attention, so they can sell commercial ad time, so we can go buy something.

There is no gun capital in America. They are everywhere. I am not anti-gun, I'm
anti-violence with guns. For the size Texas is, and how many guns people have the
murder rate is quite low. I don't have exact figures, but I live in the Capital of
Texas and we don't have many murders here at all.

I didn't say I would like Japan or living there. I dislike what the Chinese are
going to Tibet. I am very glad I was born American. I was just stating the facts.

Have you read anything on the subject of a fear based society?

"Culture of Fear" is an excellent place to start. IMO

BTW, the comets are back in the pond outside and the tank got cleared up in less than
half a day! Wow are those comets messy!

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:34:36 GMT, wrote:

I dont live in fear, I wasnt raised to be an ardent consumer. We got dogs, not guns.
My cousin is Japanese, I studied Japanese history and lit. You would not like living
in Japan, Victoria. OTOH, you did happen to land yourself in the gun capital of the
US!!! Ingrid

animaux wrote:
When you consider we had over 11,000 deaths caused by guns, not counting suicides and
accidents last year...and Japan had 39, you do the math. We live in a fear based,
consumer driven society in the U.S.
We are a very violent society in the U.S.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.