Old 23-11-2006, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default jerusalem artichokes

dirt dibbler writes
I've started harvesting my first crop of jerusalem artichokes, a couple
of questions...

Now the foliage has died down I've cut the plants back, do I leave the
tubers in the ground all winter & just dig some up when I want to use
them?

That has always worked for me.

What is the best way to store / grow some of the tubers for next year?

Leave them in the ground.

I understand they are difficult to get rid of, but I'd like to try to
maintain a neat row of them again.

Any advise for cooking them? roast seem to be very good so far, apart
from the side effects, and I've a 6 metre row to get through!

Boiling works - they just pop out of their skins when boiled, much
easier than trying to peel them raw. Soup is good, too.
--
Kay