Old 24-11-2006, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default London - clement weather

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
judith lea wrote:
Phil L wrote:

I've still got geraniums (pels) in full flower, also salvia and
verbena, admittedly the tagettes have shrivelled a bit and the
osta's have give up the ghost....and I'm in Lancashire!

Phil, my house is in a very exposed position at the top of a hill and
my nearest neighbours are at least 500 metres away.

I didn't think you had hills in E Anglia? :-p

My garden is protected on the North side by a fence, trees and a steep
embankment, I'm effectively in a hole facing South!

Part of your hole must face North--think positive. What about your hole West
and East elevations :-)