Old 24-11-2006, 01:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly Mel M Kelly is offline

Default Chain Saw Recommendations

I have had good luck with Echo. There is some nice ones on eBay now.
Also I have had a sharpening service for over 30 yrs. It is OK to
sharpen with a round file 2 or 3 times then take it in and get the
angles right and the drags taken down to proper setting. The chain can't
cut if the teeth can't get to the wood. A sharp chain makes the saw and
the operator last longer. I also heat with wood and do my own cutting.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley