Old 25-11-2006, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default eucalyptus taming

Farm1 wrote:
Both. Keep it sawn low and it will get bushy in all likelihood or can
be coppiced repeatedly (and it will probably have nicer juvenile
foliage than the current big tree).

Agreed, they look almost alien with those disk like juvenile leaves when cut
back hard. You wouldn't think it was the same plant. It's what I would do
if it was too close to the house. But it could still develop huge roots even
if regularly coppiced.

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out. (Richard Dawkins)

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA