Old 25-11-2006, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tolgan Tolgan is offline

Default Bare lawn patches...and grass seed

The good news is that I gave my lawn a feed and some mosskiller a few weeks
back. As a result of which I killed off more moss than I realised was there!

But I'm now left with several unnattractive patches of bare earth. I did try
some grass seed - it was still mild and damp - but no luck.

Two questions:
1. Is there anything worth trying before spring?
2. The grass seed I used was a packet I'd opened back in summer, is there a
limited life to seed once you've opened the packet?

Thanks

Chris