Old 25-11-2006, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Bare lawn patches...and grass seed

"Tolgan" wrote in message
The good news is that I gave my lawn a feed and some mosskiller a few
weeks back. As a result of which I killed off more moss than I realised
was there!

But I'm now left with several unnattractive patches of bare earth. I did
try some grass seed - it was still mild and damp - but no luck.

Two questions:
1. Is there anything worth trying before spring?
2. The grass seed I used was a packet I'd opened back in summer, is there
a limited life to seed once you've opened the packet?

Wait and let nature take it's turn it is qite possible that grass will grow
without having to apply more seed.

At least in my veg patch it does!(:-)

Alan

Thanks