Old 26-11-2006, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default New to compost

In article , MikeCT
writes

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" replied:

I think the theory is that the newsprint is made of chemicals which may be
nasty. ---

As a staff member on a daily newspaper for most of my working life, I came
into close ( very close and messy at times) contact with printing ink every
day. The ink didn't appear to harm me inwardly, but might well have had a
lot to do with me becoming folically challenged by the time I was 55.

MikeCT

Being a printer also, I can tell you that most modern inks are much
better now. Health and safety etc.
Though that's the reason why blanket washes and roller cleaners don't
work as well!

janet
--
Janet Tweedy