Old 26-11-2006, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Box (Buxus) problem

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Hi - Father-in-law planted a row of young Box plants (about 50) last year.
I noticed on the last visit that 5 of them (randomly spaced) were
totally defoliated. The leaves just looked as if they had fallen off as
opposed to being eaten.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff (NE England)

There is a problem with box going around these days that does that, called
"Box Blight" it may be that that you have. I believe there is a temporary
solution by drenching in fungicide but most gardens are now removing the box
and replacing it with something else. get it tested before taking drastic
action!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk