Old 26-11-2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson Susan Erickson is offline

Default Good minicatts?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:09:47 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

S wittigiana is what I was thinking of. brevipedunculata is nice too.
Fordyce had some of the best coccineas - a 4N from Japan that he uses in
breeding, but maybe a piece escaped into other hands. Fred Shull is selling
off his collection, he may have some of these, or at least some advice.
Dennis Olivas may have some too. I *think* Fred Shull will be selling at
the Paph House's (Fred & Francisco) open house Dec 2. Alan Koch made a
hybrid with L praestans and L alaorii that I thought was gorgeous. No name
yet.

If you run into Alan he has several primary hybrids that are lovely as
well. As does H&R. Either may have a few select clones from the
species they keep for breeding, if your tracking things down.

Have fun and please show us your new growing space.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids