Old 26-11-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default new Rec.Ponds.Moderated group -update

wrote:
Thanks, ~janj.

Right now I'm just hoping for potential co-moderators, and not
asking anyone to make a definite commitment, until all the nuts and
bolts are in place. ("nuts" doesn't sound right!!)

My current goals are two-fold:

1. to consult with other moderated groups to discover the best way
of doing things. I already have put out a couple "feelers". I want
a robo-moderator that will have excellent filters to cut out 95% of
the junk, including floods. That will leave the human co-moderators
with a lot less work. I need to talk with other moderated groups to
see how "things are done". All this info would be passed on to
potential moderators to help them decide.
Other groups can also give advice on how to stop hipcrime.
I'm told that it can be done.

2. My second goal is to ask other genuine rec ponders to help
spred the word. We need to get back everyone we can, so that they can
have a positive say on "news.groups.proposals." That will help
convince the group-creation organization, "Big-8 Usenet" to vote
positively in our favor.
WE also need to spred the word about this new
" news.groups.proposals ". Its brand new as of 11-18-06.
Its run and moderated by Big-8.
And the only way for people to make their voice heard by Big-8 is
on that newsgroup.
So ask everyone to ask their news provider to start carrying the
group, and then they need to subscribe to it.

I also am going to be contacting a couple pond groups in my area
and give them info on what we are trying to do. Hopefully some of
them used to visit rec.ponds, and might be willing to help out, or at
least make their voice heard.

george (not my real name)

George, I applaud what you are trying to do.
I mod'ed a pond forum for a while till the owner gave up through lack of
support.
Never done a newsgroup though.
Mail me if I can be of help. Reply to is genuine. (don't bother trolls, I
have a very efficient filter )
--
ßôyþëtë